Sunday, May 22, 2011

I've fallen down... but I'm getting back up...

I've fallen down on the menu planning job.
Life has been insanely busy these last two weeks... and will continue to be until we get out of school, but I'm going to try to plan this week anyway.

The picture shows what hubby grilled on Sunday evening for dinner, and we'll use it all week long.

Sunday~ from the grill: chicken, sausage, hotdogs, jalapeno poppers, corn. From our garden: collards, cucumber salad, coleslaw.

Monday~ Hubz leaves early for a trip with his history club. Ds#3 and I will probably have leftovers from the fridge, or go see my grandparents and have dinner with them.

Tuesday~ Hubz comes home (relatively) late from his trip. I'll have a roast in the crockpot, with green beans from the garden, pearl onions, and some rice (for ds#3).

Wednesday~ It'll be leftovers: sausage & dogs (the chicken was overcooked and I tossed what was left... it was too hard to eat!), mac'n'cheese (for ds#3), and cucumbers & tomatoes for hubby & me.

Thursday~ Flatbread pizzas using FlatOut! flatbreads. This is a new addition to hubby's diet, and one that I am DELIGHTED to see!!! We'll top with turkey pepperoni, tomatoes from the garden, basil from the garden, and some string cheese (lowfat mozzarella). Ds#3 likes this too, as he can choose what he wants on his 'pizza'.

Friday~ WOO HOO... a long weekend! Tacos have failed to make it to the menu every time I've scheduled them in recent weeks, so we'll give it a try again for Friday!

Saturday~ TBA

I should note that we have tons of fresh veggies from the garden, and I try to have ds#3 taste them all, but he's pretty picky.
I keep offering, and he tries them, but often chooses not to partake.

We are on the home stretch to SUMMER and are sooooooo excited to see it coming...

1 comment:

Becca said...

Im off to check out flat out bread...sounds promising!