Monday, November 11, 2013

Happy Veterans Day and a Menu for a Crazy Week

Happy Veterans Day!

My husband is a former Marine, and I have two sons who are currently active duty.  My brother is also a former Marine.  I am blessed to have many vets in my family and I'm so proud of their service.  Take time today to thank one.

We have a C-R-A-Z-Y week ahead.
Doctors appointments and out-of-town performances are going to make it hectic.  But we will survive, and we've gotta eat.

Sunday~ Sub sandwiches and homemade french fries (my guys were delighted with this).  Brownies for dessert.
Monday~ Happy Veterans Day!  So thankful for my hubby...being a Marine helped shape him into the man he is today.  Ds#3 has an ortho appt today, and they warned us ahead of time that it would be heavy-duty, so soft and easy food is on the menu.  We'll have chili.
Tuesday~ Back to work. Breakfast for dinner (we didn't have it last week).  Biscuits, eggs, grits, bacon, grapefruit.
Wednesday~ Dr. appt after work means a later-than-usual dinner.  Red beans & rice with cornbread.
Thursday~ Out of town all day. Roast in the crock pot with mashed potatoes made ahead of time.
Friday~ Another day out of town.  Boys will fend for themselves in the kitchen.
Saturday~ WHEW!  We made it! I will decide then. :)

On the budget homefront, I didn't do so well with not grocery shopping.  And my husband decided on Monday night that instead of coming home to have breakfast after a long day of rehearsals, he would take us out to eat so I didn't have to cook.  That was not great, but it wasn't terrible.  Hopefully this week will be a little better.  Even though I have some late evenings, hubby is mentally prepared and dinners should be easy for him to handle without feeling the tug to go out until I get home.



No comments: