Monday, July 14, 2014

Week Two of the Pantry Challenge...


Last week was relatively successful with our pantry challenge, though I did buy a few items we could live without.  We've done a pretty good job of sticking to the menu with little complaint from my guys.  You can see what we're actually eating every day right here.




On a personal note, this past week marked the one year anniversary of my youngest brother's death.  I miss him all the time, and my boys constantly do things that remind me of him.  It was tough.  Please...take time to tell the people you love that you care, while they're here.


This week:
Sunday~ 
lunch: London Broil in the crockpot, rice & gravy, corn on the cob (leftover from last week) and green beans, followed by FishMama's chocolate zucchini cake.  Yum!
snack before church: pretzels baked in the oven (some sweet, some salty)
dinner: sandwiches after church in our Fellowship Hall

Monday~ 
lunch: frozen pizza, bought last week for 2.99 each
dinner: big chef salads, and leftover beef from Sunday, if anyone wants it

Tuesday~
lunch: sandwiches on homemade bread, chips
dinner: tacos, Pioneer Woman's Mexican Rice, homemade refried beans

Wednesday~
lunch: leftover pizza 
dinner: breakfast for dinner

Thursday~
lunch: sandwiches & chips
dinner: Nachos made w/leftovers from taco night, perhaps homemade salsa if we have enough tomatoes

Friday~
lunch: I may be at a workshop, in which case everyone will be on their own
dinner: hamburgers on the grill

Saturday~
lunch: TBA - probably random leftovers from the week!
dinner: TBA

I know I will have to get more eggs and cheese from the grocery store.  Hoping I'll be successful in limiting it to just those two items!!!

and 
the menu marvels at Menu Plan Monday!

No comments: