Sunday, April 19, 2009

April 20 - Menu Monday


Well, last week, I planned out the menus for the rest of the month. And we followed it to a tee!
This weekend, I made these peanut butter chocolate chip muffins, which my husband & son have been devouring. I also made tomato basil bread, which is scrumptious. Son #3 could care less about it, but hubby and I have been savoring it! Both these recipes incorporate whole wheat flour, and I am fortunate enough to have a grain mill, so I can grind fresh flour. This makes me feel a little better about letting my guys enjoy these treats.

So on to this week's menu:
Sunday~ Mrs. Ringle's Brisket, new potatoes, corn on the cob, rolls
Monday~ Open-faced sandwiches with leftover beef
Tuesday~ Out to dinner after ball game (We have a ballgame at 5:30 across town, while hubby & I get off at 5pm. So we'll grab something in a drive-thru somewhere after we dash to the game)
Wednesday~ Roast chicken, rice and gravy, tossed salad, biscuits (this is what I planned, but then my darling husband informed me that we needed to take a guest to dinner. So this menu will move to Saturday.)
Thursday~ Tacos
Friday~ Grilled cheese, tomato soup
Saturday~ TBA (Wednesday's menu will make its appearance tonight!)

Share in the menu madness at Laura's!

1 comment:

Algebra Teacher said...

Thanks for the idea of grilled cheese and tomato soup. I think I'll use that this coming up week. Do you make your own tomato soup or use the canned stuff? I have some of the canned stuff that the grocery store was getting rid of, but I bet homemade would be really good.