Saturday, July 17, 2010

July Menu #3... and preparing for back to school...

July is such a bittersweet month for me as a teacher. It marks the place in summer where I truly begin to relax and enjoy the lazy days (or at least being able to choose some things about my day!), but it also reminds me that summer is half over for me, and that back-to-school is closer than I think.

Sigh.

Last week's menu worked fairly well, and planning breakfast, lunch, and dinner really was a help to me. This week, I'm in a workshop from 8-5 for most of the week, which will be like practice for returning to work. So, crockpot will return to *very* active duty, and I'll do lots of prepping ahead.

Sunday~ Cookout with friends: burgers & dogs.
Monday~ Spaghetti in the crock pot (sauce, that is. Boil noodles when I come home.)
Tuesday~ Family bowling night. Either frozen pizza or out to eat
Wednesday~ Southwestern Layered salad & quesadillas
Thursday~ Pesto Chicken Pasta (pesto made with fresh basil from our garden - LOVE IT!!), cucumber salad (cukes from our garden), butterhorns
Friday~ Soup & sandwiches
Saturday~ TBA... maybe I'll get around to those egg rolls this week...

No comments: