Sunday, June 12, 2016

Summertime Menus! June Menu #2

Our garden is in full swing!!!
We altered our menu plan a little bit based on what was ripening in the garden.  This week will probably be the same way!
Last week.....
Sunday~ Five Guys Burgers.  Mmmmm.
Monday~ Chicken Bacon Ranch Salad.  A long name for a delicious salad!  I used leftover smoked chicken in the recipe. This was very tasty, but did not keep well for the next day.  When I make it again, I will keep the components separate and assemble just enough for that meal.  The avocado lime dressing was DELICIOUS!
Tuesday~ Kabobs (steak and chicken) and more jalapeño poppers.  Gotta use that garden produce!  We ended up having Pizza Stuffed Peppers because we had some bell peppers that were ripe.  Just fill with your favorite pizza toppings and bake.  Delish!  We will make that again.
Wednesday~ Meatball casserole. Unless the eggplant in the garden are ready.  At which point we will have eggplant parmesan!  I did make meatballs but I also made eggplant parmesan.  And it was delicious!!!
Thursday~ Antipasto Salad A Pinterest recipe. (C'mon... it's summer...)  Leftovers.  I love the relaxed pace of summertime meals!
Friday~ Burgers on the grill.  Yummy.  Hubs & I ended up going to dinner - we were dropping off items for a church rummage sale at that time so we stopped to grab a bite.
Saturday~ Hubs & I are celebrating 22 years of marriage.  We're going out to fondue!

So this week, there will probably be some of the same adjustments....
Sunday~ Beef on the grill. Tomato basil salad (like a caprese salad) using up some of the basil and cherry tomatoes that are ripening, roasted baby potatoes, grilled zucchini.  Yum!
Monday~ Burgers on the grill, chips, jalapeño poppers (they are exploding in the garden!), grilled pineapple.  I keep the poppers pretty mild by seeding and removing all the ribs inside the peppers.  My teenager LOVES these.  We're having dinner guests. Fun times!
Tuesday~ Leftovers.
Wednesday~ Eggplant pie (slices of eggplant as the base, topped with various veggies, sprinkled with cheese, baked in the oven), spaghetti for the non-veggie lovers :)
Thursday~  Leaving this open for leftovers or dinner out.
Friday~ My sister & I have a date with our dad to celebrate Father's Day.  My guys will fend for themselves.
Saturday~  Marine Son & his family are flying home... to stay! We will meet them at the airport then go to Olive Garden to celebrate their arrival.

So... what summertime delicacies are you enjoying? Share at Menu Plan Monday!


No comments: