Thursday, July 23, 2009

Frugal Friday!

I've been on the hunt for a local source of beef and I've found one! We paid a visit to this farm last weekend and were sold immediately. It's about 20 minutes from our house, and we saw firsthand how things are run. Ds#3 went all around with the owner's son and they fed turkeys, chickens, horses, goats, and collected eggs. How much fun could a little boy have?? He loved it, and hubby picked the owner's brain for taking care of our garden. We'll be buying eggs and beef, and perhaps veggies (we've not decided about that yet - we usually grow the ones we like). So I am happy with this find because it's frugal, it supports local farmers, and it is healthy for my family. If you would like to research what's available in your area, visit Local Harvest.
Share your frugal ideas here!

2 comments:

Together We Save said...

Thanks for the idea. We love fresh produce.

Stephanie said...

So did you find that the local beef prices beats your grocery store prices? From what I have found in our area it is considerably more expensive. I would be ecstatic if we could find local and less expensive!