Sunday, February 14, 2010

Menu Plan Monday... baseball season begins.

Well, Friday was a 'snow day.'
In Florida.
Nope, I'm not kidding!

But it totally threw a wrench in my menu plans.
That, and my oldest son came home for a visit.

So on Friday, when it was sleeting/snowing, my hubby requested chili and this bread, which was perfectly suited for the weather.
And on Saturday, we ended up out to dinner.
Which means that the burgers I thawed for Saturday's dinner will have to be cooked by Tuesday.
And baseball practice begins, which means late dinners & quick meals.
Sigh.

So this week looks like this:
Sunday~ out to dinner with the fam to celebrate 25 years of marriage for my grandparents (pretty good considering each of them lost their first spouse, and this is their second marriage. They never dreamed they'd be married for 25 years!)
Monday~ baseball practice and class for hubby. Must-goes.
Tuesday~ likely another ball practice, but gotta cook those burgers. So, burgers & hotdogs with fries. Probably late.
Wednesday~ Breakfast for dinner.
Thursday~ Spaghetti & french bread
Friday~ Orange chicken, rice, broccoli, mandarin oranges
Saturday~ Friends over for dinner. TBD.

Baseball practice will probably be Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday. Wednesdays are off nights. So I have to readjust to quick easy meals.

5 comments:

Leah said...

I just wanted to Thank you for entering my give-away this week :) I don't get to do them very often and it is alway nice to see a friend participating :)

About your burgers, if you don't get around to eating them you can always cook them and freeze them again, pull them out at a later date for a quick lunch or dinner :)

Martha said...

The more testosterone the better! Only someone with one daughter, 2 boys and a husband has the right to say that :-)
Happy Valentine's Day! Thanks for visiting!

Michelle said...

breakfast for dinner is like a holiday at our house. amazing how those simple things can be such a big deal! Have a good week!

Unknown said...

So are you still planning on having baseball practice with the snow?
I'm always on the lookout for yummy menu choices. We're still having to watch our pennies.

Leah said...

Hi :)

You won my giveaway! Just email me the address you want me to send your coupons too and I will get them on their way :)