Saturday, February 5, 2011

The adventure begins...

Hubby has begun a medically supervised eating plan.
This first week, he is eating pure protein! This is not terribly difficult for him, as he loves eggs and meat of all kinds (it would kill me!!!), but he is not allowed any carbs at all.
In order to be supportive, all of us are modifying our eating a little, so we don't present more temptation than he can take! On Saturday, we grilled burgers, sausage, chicken, and beef tenderloin, so we have a variety of grilled meats to eat during the week. I also made some meatballs.

Sunday~ Meatballs for my man, spaghetti & sauce for ds#3 and me (I'm making spaghetti squash to limit the intake/desire for carbs)
Monday~ Beef tenderloin for hubby, and roasted potatoes and salad along with beef for ds#3 and me
Tuesday~ Grilled chicken (that's all for hubs) and ds#3 and I will add a salad
Wednesday~ Ds#3 and I will have pasta with veggies, and hubs will have the rest of his meatballs
Thursday~ Sticky chicken, and ds#3 & I will add broccoli (maybe with some cheese)
Friday~ Turkey, green beans with almonds. Hubby will have made his second trip to the doc, so he may be able to add in some veggies at this point. YEA! :)
Saturday~ My nephew's b-day party, and my son is going to see the Globetrotters with my dad, so hubby & I may have a date... maybe we'll grill something yummy!

1 comment:

Miz Helen said...

Your menu and you Beef Tenderloin look very good. Thank you for sharing and you have a great week!