Sunday, September 4, 2011

September Menu #1

September has arrived!

We've had our first tropical storm, and we're about halfway through the season.  I hope the second half is as quiet as the first.

Our garden is exploding with blackeyed peas and eggplant.  We've also got bell peppers and collards galore.  I'm so thankful for my husband's green thumb... and desperately in need of some creativity to use all this gorgeous produce.

 So...
Here's our plan for the week.  We'll see how well we follow it!

Sunday~ Sausage, hotdogs, hamburgers

Monday~ LABOR DAY holiday!  I'll decide then.

Tuesday~ Beef stroganoff (using leftover eye of round from the freezer), mushrooms, whole wheat egg noodles, tossed salad

Wednesday~ Stuffed peppers, spaghetti, salad

Thursday~ Mom has an evening meeting.  Leftovers or out to eat.

Friday~ Taco salad

Saturday~ BBQ chicken, collards, blackeyed peas, corn on the cob or corn salad



5 comments:

wacki04@TheKing'sCourt IV said...

We've had an explosion of eggplant as well! I've actually gotten an explosion of cantaloupe and tomatoes too :)

Cooking with Cristin said...

i wish i had eggplant in my backyard!!
I would love if you stopped by my blog
Here is a link to my Menu Plan
Have a great week:)

Jen (emsun.org) said...

Mmmm. Taco salad.

I also have a ton of eggplant. I use it in a way I've been told is a little odd. We freeze or can our eggplant and then I dump it with a can of tomatoes, some carrots, and a ton of spices into a pot to make spaghetti sauce!

Anonymous said...

I'll come to your place for dinner this week. Friday sounds like a veggie party.

Anonymous said...

Your eggplant is gorgeous!

I recently roasted a bunch on the grill - slice it, oil and salt it, and stick it on the hot grill - it is fantastic! Just be sure to slice more than you think you'll need, because it's kind of addictive. :)