We are getting ready to meet our Marine Son - he is due to return from deployment and we can't wait to have him back in the States.
We are also wrapping up History Fair...
Dinners this week will be of the using-up-leftovers and quick-and-easy varieties.
Sunday~ SUPERBOWL! Sliders and hotdogs, chips & salsa
Monday~ Ds#3 has an Art Show at school, so we'll pick him up, see the art, and go out to eat
Tuesday~ Hubs has a History Fair meeting, and ds#3 will 'practice' for his interview with the judges, then we're out to eat with a friend
Wednesday~ Leftover roast and mashed potatoes
Thursday~ Breakfast for dinner
Friday~ Frozen pizza
Saturday~ on the road... picnic lunch at a state park on the way
- Our taco night was a success. Woo hoo! (It only took a month...)
- I burned our spaghetti crockpot dinner. It was sad. And gross.
- So we went out to eat.
I also finished handling the last of 40 pounds of ground beef.
Have I mentioned just how much meat that is????
- I made hamburger patties & froze them
- I made sliders for Super Bowl Sunday
- I also tried making homemade beef sausage, and hubs (the sausage connoisseur) actually liked it!!!
Here's the recipe I used:
Approx. 2 lbs ground beef
1 tsp diced onion
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp ground sage
2 tsp salt
Mix together, and let sit in refrigerator 8 hours, or overnight.
Shape into links or patties. Fry in pan or cook in oven at 325.
Can also be used as crumbles in homemade "skillets".
Share your menu marvels at Menu Plan Monday!