Saturday, May 19, 2012

May Menu...and school's almost out...

Last week was extremely busy and stressful.  Here's to a quieter, more peaceful week.

I planned a "Veggie Night" last week, using vegetables from our garden, and made some cornbread to go with it.  I used the recipe at 100 days of Real Food and I was amazed at how moist this cornbread turn out to be - it was perfect!  This was a very filling and satisfying meal for all of us!  My husband is a meat-lover, to be sure, so he is not always excited about meatless meals, but he enjoyed this one.  Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that he grew the food???? 

So here's the plan for this week:
Sunday~ Ham, scalloped potatoes, green beans from the garden, fried green tomatoes from the garden, and homemade ice cream for dessert
Tuesday~ Scout Night: leftover ham, potatoes, and collard greens (cooked in the crockpot)
Wednesday~ Breakfast for Dinner: omelets, grits, bacon
Thursday~ BBQ Chicken, coleslaw (made with cabbage from the garden), cornbread
Friday~ Hamburgers & hotdogs...I may try my hand at homemade buns if I'm feeling adventurous....we'll see!
Saturday~ TBA....the beginning of a long weekend, so I'm leaving it open.



No comments: