Sunday, December 9, 2012

December Menu #2, and a little lipstick fun

Last week is a blur... I had three concerts last week and ds#3 had a research paper (which, of course, he forgot about... until the night before it was due...).  I also played Christmas Carols at a Ladies' Christmas Tea for church, which yielded some deliciously fun pictures, but it was one more thing to add to the schedule (pictures and details below!).  It was extremely busy and almost nothing went according to plan.  We ended up going out to eat more than I would have liked, but we will make up for it this week. :)

Here's what's cookin':
Sunday~ Steaks on the grill, baked potatoes, sauteed mushrooms, homemade bread
Monday~ Beef and mushrooms over egg noodles (using up the last of the roast from last week)
Tuesday~ Jambalaya
Wednesday~ Pioneer Woman's chili (I tried it with some venison that was given to us... smells delicious but I'll let you know how it turns out!)
Thursday~ Nachos made with leftover chili
Friday~ Must-goes from the week
Saturday~ Spaghetti with zucchini coins (scored for super-cheap at the grocery store) But I'm also planning to roast a turkey from the freezer...so we'll see.



And now... our pictures from the Tea...
My sister's sultry look while playing with CoverGirl flipstick in Stunner.

Sis & I after we both painted our lips with Stunner flipstick.

Mom & her best friend after they tried Minx flipstick.
I received some free samples of these CoverGirl flipsticks from BzzAgent to try - we had so much fun - some colors were less flattering (I cannot wear the Minx, but it looked great on my mom!) and some were unexpectedly fun (we thought Stunner would be too bright but it is perfect for a little holiday glam.).

It's a lipstick with two sides and two colors: one is a shimmery frost and the other side is a solid shade.  We loved mixing and matching and experimenting!  Although I don't usually wear lipstick, this was a nice moisturizing color that is exactly the punch my holiday look should have.  

So, if you're looking for an easy, fun way to dress up your look this December, try 'em... you will love 'em!!





No comments: