Monday, September 2, 2013

Happy Labor Day Menu!

We have finished the second week of school (with students) and are enjoying a long weekend.  And strep throat has arrived to help us celebrate.

So... I planned a lovely menu, but we'll have to see what hubs and ds#3 can tolerate.  Everything is subject to change.

Sunday~ Miscellaneous warm items for the throat: chicken noodle soup, cheese grits, hot tea.
Monday~ Planned burgers, baked beans, and cheese and cracker salad (a favorite family recipe).  Not sure if they're up for that...it may be chicken noodle part 2.
Tuesday~ Roast chicken (made on Sunday), mashed potatoes & gravy, collard greens.  Keeping my fingers crossed.
Wednesday~ Hubs is scheduled to bowl.  Ds#3 & I will eat leftovers.
Thursday~ Hubs has class, but I'm cooking anyway.  Beef tenderloin, twice-baked potatoes (also made on Sunday) and tossed salad.
Friday~ Soft tacos, refried beans, salsa, Mexican Rice
Saturday~ Planning to buy a ham... so along with it, we'll have scalloped potatoes and more collards, or perhaps broccoli that I froze this spring.

This is more than I've cooked the past couple of weeks, but we've eaten out more than I'd like.  Ds#3 told me that he missed my cooking. What's a mama to do??? :)


1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's been very humid this weekend. Yuck. I'm just going to stay in, watch some QVC and catch up on housework.
Everything sounds so delicious.
I hope you had a wonderful Labor Day weekend.