Sunday, January 19, 2014

January Menu #4 and continuing the Pantry Challenge

I am still doing my best to continue our Pantry Challenge: keeping spending to a minimum and using up what we have.

So far, I've learned that I actually do a pretty good job of using up ... when January began, we had lots of items in the pantry, but not much in the freezer.  So I want to continue using items in the pantry wisely!

This was the original plan for this week:
19 - Burgers, homemade fries, baked beans, corn
20 - MLK Holiday, but ds#3 has a trip to the orthodontist.  Homemade tomato soup & grilled cheese sandwiches
21 - Open-faced turkey sandwiches, green beans
22 - Leftovers
23 - Melissa d'Arabian's Potato Torte, salad or leftover soup
24 - Tacos, Mexican rice casserole, refried beans
25 - Turkey Pot Pie


My hubby has decided he wants to smoke a brisket on Monday....so the turkey will move to next weekend.  That means we're not having open-faced turkey sandwiches or turkey pot pie.  We will have PLENTY o' brisket, so I'll have to regroup a little.

No comments: