Monday, April 6, 2015

April has arrived!

Well, we have eaten just fine the past month... ;)
I've just been so crazy busy that I haven't had time to post.
Even last week, when we were on Spring Break, we started the week with a funeral for a former student, so there was no time to post then.  We were also very busy getting our sprouts into the garden.

It doesn't look like it's going to slow down anytime soon, so I guess I'll just have to put my big girl pants on, and deal.

So here's the plan for the week:
Sunday~ dinner with the fam at the parents' house - grilled fish, chicken, roasted tenderloin, potato salad, broccoli salad, cheese & cracker salad (a family recipe), cucumber salad, baked beans, deviled eggs, greens (from our garden - but Mom cooked them).  For dessert, homemade macaroons dipped in chocolate, strawberry cake, and apple-cherry pie.  Yeah, no one went hungry.
Monday~ a MUCH simpler meal of 'macho nachos' - taco meat & all the trimmings with tortilla chips.
Tuesday~ leftover chicken and beef from my parents' feast, greens that *I'm* cooking in the crockpot, twice-baked potatoes.
Wednesday~ Hubs bowls; Fend For YourSelf (FFYS)
Thursday~  Burgers (on the grill pan), oven fries or leftover potato salad from Sunday's feast, and something green.
Friday~ Hawaiian chicken with broccoli and rice
Saturday~ TBA.

No comments: