Sunday, January 16, 2011

January menu - week three...

I've just returned from being out of town, to discover that my boys did, indeed, go out to eat for almost every meal while I was gone. :)

They were glad to have home cooked meals again, though, as was I. I made french toast with blueberries, eggs, and bacon for breakfast and the guys were delighted.

So for this week, we've switched a few things around from the monthly menu, but still using the things I've planned (just on different days). I'm participating in a Pantry Challenge from Life As Mom, so I'm trying to use up what we've got and go to the store as LITTLE as possible. Here we go:

Sunday~ Chili mac
Monday~ Roast beef (the very last of it), rice and gravy, Caesar salad and homemade bread
Tuesday~Turkey, homemade gravy, stuffing, broccoli, cranberries (I bought several small turkeys when Publix had them on sale for .59/lb so we'll be enjoying one of those!)
Wednesday~ Open-faced turkey sandwiches on homemade bread
Thursday~ Stuffed eggplant with spaghetti sauce, noodles (I froze the eggplant from our abundant produce this summer)
Friday~ Chicken noodle soup, bacon sandwiches (inspired by this recipe, but slightly 'healthified')
Saturday~ Cole's Ravioli Dinner (scored for $3)

I started to make a trip to the store today just to pick up odds and ends, but decided that I really could make do with what we have. We've got plenty in the freezer, and although I may have to get creative, I really don't want to spend the extra money. So far, so good!

No comments: