Sunday, January 9, 2011

January menu - week two!

Well, our plan got mixed around a little bit last week, but for the most part, I cooked what I had planned (just not on the day I planned it - LOL)!!

Sunday, my parents came over, so I switched to a big pot of Pasta Fagioli and moved the Rosemary Chicken to Thursday. On Wednesday, hubby decided we should go out to eat at a favorite local Mexican restaurant, so we did. We did not have Cashew Chicken at all, so that's moving to this week.

And on to this week's plan:
Sunday~ Roast in the crockpot, mashed potatoes & gravy, field peas (from our garden in the spring), homemade bread (I had planned to cook a small turkey this weekend, but forgot to thaw it, so I moved up the roast from the end of the month. Hubby & son will have leftovers when I am out of town later this week.)
Monday~ Hubby's first night of class. Son & I will have leftovers.
Tuesday~ Cashew chicken & rice, broccoli, mandarin oranges (already cooked for fast reheating, as ds has ball practice and hubby has a meeting.)
Wednesday~ out to dinner at Olive Garden to celebrate a former student's birthday.
Thursday - Saturday~ I will be out of town at a conference. The boys will probably eat at home on Thursday; Marine son comes home this weekend so they will probably go out to eat the other nights!

You can view my plan for the month here.
Share your menu inspirations at Menu Plan Monday!

No comments: