Sunday, July 8, 2012

July Menu #2, and week #2 of the Pantry Challenge

Update on the Pantry Challenge...
This week, I actually went to the grocery store twice -
once to buy fruit for a fruit salad for a friend's birthday party (it was my job to bring fruit salad, so I couldn't really make do with what I had in the house), and once because we were almost out of milk, and my guys requested a few items like crackers and Q-tips.  That said, I think I did pretty well both trips, and didn't buy anything that wasn't on the list!  You can see what we're eating every day, every meal, right here.

This week, ds#3 will be going to a bowling camp every day, so he will eat lunch there.  That means I only have to plan lunch for hubs (when he is home and not finishing up a tile job for a friend) and myself.

Here's our plan for this week.
Sunday~ 
Lunch: Spaghetti, garlic bread
Dinner: Breakfast (eggs, bacon, and cheese grits)
Dessert: Chocolate Sheet Cake, at hubby's request

Monday~
Lunch: Taco salads (hubs & me)
Dinner: Leftover hotdogs that Hubs grilled on Saturday, pasta salad made with baseball-shaped pasta, and Cracker Jack
MLB Home Run Derby is tonight!  Yes, we are baseball fans here.


Tuesday~ 
Lunch:  FlatOut pizza
Dinner: Macho Nachos before Scouts
We will watch the All-Star Game when we get home from Scouts.  Woo hoo!


Wednesday~
Lunch:  Tomato Pie
Dinner: BBQ Chicken, individual potato gratins, collard greens, tomato mozzarella melts, corn on the cob

Thursday~
Lunch:  Leftovers
Dinner: Lasagna, tossed salad

Friday~
Lunch:  Leftovers
Dinner: Chili mac

Saturday~
Lunch: Meatball subs
Dinner: Meatballs with gravy served over mashed potatoes, green beans
(I am picking up a large order of chicken breasts and ground beef today, and I'll have to process it for our freezer... my plan is to make a bunch of meatballs with some of it and put them to good use for the day!)


Share your menu at Menu Plan Monday
and join in the Pantry Challenge at Good Cheap Eats!

1 comment:

Pary Moppins said...

Your menu sounds fab and how fun that you all love baseball so much. And I LOVE me some tomato mozarella melts. Mmmmm...maybe that needs to come up on the menu pretty soon.