Thursday, August 21, 2008

Frugal Friday


Well, it is Friday. And as I said in my post yesterday, I am SUPREMELY thankful. God has blessed me this week, but I am relieved to see the weekend come so that we can sleep in a little bit, and unwind a little bit, and play a little too.

My frugal tip this week is about packing lunches for school. I have been pleased with my own resourcefulness this week as I have tried to provide good lunches for my son, my husband, and myself back at school.

I made a big bowl of pasta salad on Sunday, and dear hubby has taken it all week to work. This has been a nice comfort to him because he loves pasta salad, and it has been a stressful week.

Darling son has taken turkey rolled around cheese, water, homemade cookies, and crackers (or some variation thereof) and been perfectly content. He actually likes to have the same kind of lunch every day. Variety in 'dessert' is okay, but he pretty much likes everything else to be the same.

And because I have a fridge and a microwave in my office, I have been able to take leftovers from dinner this week. So we've not spent any money eating out - woo hoo!

What's your frugal idea for the week? Share at BiblicalWomanhood.com!

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Lunches are what kill my food budget. We're amazingly frugal for dinner.

Kate said...

I'm so impressed with your frugal lunches. Making the pasta salad ahead of time was a great idea. I hope your school year goes wonderfully.

$5 Dinner Mom said...

Great job! I do pasta salads too...they stretch so far! Especially for lunches! Way to be frugal and keep everyone's tummies full and happy!