Saturday, August 9, 2008



It's Menu Plan Monday. I learned in a recent Bible Study to associate "Monday" with "Attitude" - a positive one, that is! So as I savor my last moments of summer vacation, I am going to practice having a good attitude.
Now.
Last week's menu was an interesting time. I spent Monday shuttling my grandmother back and forth to the doctor, so it was nice to know what we were having for dinner without having to think about it. Tuesday, my darling husband decided to surprise me with a dinner at one of our favorite spots, The Melting Pot. On Wednesday, my youngest brother came from Charlotte to visit the family here, so we gathered at What-a-burger for buy-one-get-one-free night. That meant that Thursday, Friday, and Saturday were all shuffled around! Once again, hubby loved the Bourbon Chicken (which, by the way, has no bourbon in it), and dear Marine Son requested the tenderloin on the grill, which brought us to Saturday, and that was a hodge podge of trying to use up leftovers in the fridge.
Because... hubby decided we should have family gathering before Marine Son leaves on Tuesday. So that means we need room for everything that will go in it on Sunday (the day of the cookout).

So the plan for this week.
We go back to school on Tuesday - but no students until the following week.

Sunday~ family dinner. Hubby will grill burgers, dogs, and sausages. My mom is bringing potato salad (she makes the BEST), sister is bringing baked beans, grandmother is bringing buns and ice cream. We will also have chips, and I will make cookies and this dessert from Cooking Light. Perfect with or without the ice cream.

Monday~ Penne with chicken and pesto, tossed salad, garlic bread. (We tried this for the first time last month and really liked it; I will make more sauce because we wanted more for the pasta!)

Tuesday~ Either leftovers or pork BBQ sandwiches (made in the crockpot) with chips or any remaining side dishes from the cookout the day before. (I have a meeting after school, so I need dinner to be readily available to hubby & son #3 just in case I'm home later than expected.)

Wednesday~ Breakfast for Dinner.

Thursday~ Pizza for the boys. I will take a side dish to a Bible Study.

Friday~ Sandwiches and pasta salad.

Saturday~ Red beans and rice with sausage.

3 comments:

Kiy said...

Your menu looks great! I've made that CL dessert before, it truly rocks. Enjoy your week, Kiy

Kate said...

The Melting Pot - what a treat! I love fondue. Your menu for this week sounds wonderful.

By the way, I tagged you on my blog.

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a good visit with your son! Your menu for the week sounds good. The penne and pesto sounds good. I love crockpot cooking too!

Jennifer