Friday, August 15, 2008

Frugal Friday...having a plan


My darling husband loves to go out to eat. He just does. However, I am also a pretty proficient cook, and can usually replicate a darn good dinner for a fraction of what it would cost to go out.

So hubby says to me, "Wanna go out to eat tonight?" (It is the end of our first week back to work, and that has been somewhat stressful.)
We chat about what he has in mind, and I say, "Let me think about it."

So I think about what he wants.... he wants to go to a quaint Italian place close to our house and have pizza. Well, I have pizza in the freezer. I also have cheese sticks, and 'fried' mushrooms - both of which he loves. So I think that tonight, we'll eat in.

I have learned to always have a plan. I can change it if I want to, but having one usually saves me a lot of money! Visit Frugal Friday for more tips!

No comments: