Sunday, August 31, 2008

Watching Gustav and Menu Planning...




We've been watching Hurricane Gustav... looking to see if he'll turn or stay on his current path. So far, it looks like we are out of the 'worry zone'. It's been very breezy all day but not too much rain - I guess that will come in later. Yes, hurricane season in Hurricane Alley. We are here.

This week is a very light week as far as cooking goes. My birthday is this week so I get treated to lots of meals out of the kitchen! ;)
Sunday~ out with hubby to a fave local spot
Monday~ Labor Day Holiday - hotdogs and baked beans, probably from inside because we're expecting lots of tropical moisture....
Tuesday~ Beef stroganoff over egg noodles, mushrooms, salad, broccoli
Wednesday~ my birthday - out to eat here.... ever had fried pickles???
Thursday~ Loaded potatoes and tossed salad
Friday~ jewelry party for the girls... finger foods (the boys will go somewhere else!!)
Saturday~ Empanadas (first time with this recipe - I'll be using ground beef instead of turkey)
Be sure to visit Organized Junkie for inspiring menus!!!

8 comments:

Noodle said...

Happy birthday!

I *LOVE* fried pickles! YUM!

Kiy said...

Oh goodness, keep your head down and stay safe!

Happy Birthday, have a great birthday WEEK! :)

Kiy

Stephani Lindsey said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! You really should try the Pizza Pockets! 100 times better then Hot Pockets!

Happy Birthday!

kat said...

Funny we just had fried pickles at the State Fair & they were soo good! Have a great birthday

Anonymous said...

You've got a great menu! I love empanadas! Have a fabulous week!

Allie
Learningtobefrugal.com

Chel said...

When we lived in Louisiana, we weren't too far from a Cock o the Walk & I loved the fried pickles and cornbread. Yum. Now I'm just going to have to make cornbread to go with our turkey & rice for dinner.

And I'm spending my holiday watching Gustav's path on the Weather Channel to keep an eye on family still in the Bayou State.

Renee said...

Happy birthday! I've had fried pickles only once before and thought they were delicious - hope you enjoy them!

The Happy Housewife said...

your restaurant choice looks yummy, and familiar. It is possible that I have been there before.
Happy Birthday!
Toni
http://thehappyhousewife.com