Sunday, August 9, 2009

Menu Plan Monday - August, week 2

This is our last official vacation week. We are planning to savor every day, and have some fun time before we go back to the daily routine of school and work.
Our menu:
Sunday~
Potato Torte (new recipe - from the newest Food Network star, Melissa d'Arabian!!! LOVE her... looking forward to more of her shows. I did not make the crust from scratch - that will happen another day.) Very good - hubby plans to pair it with a fried egg for breakfast!
Monday~ Pasta fagioli in the crock pot (I add ground beef to mine). Busy day with doctor's appointments for everyone.
Tuesday~ Morph the grilled chicken from Saturday into Barbeque Chicken, rice, cornbread and peas.
Wednesday~ Soft tacos and quesadillas
Thursday~ Hubby is going out with the Boss, so son #3 & I will fend for ourselves with leftovers from the fridge.
Friday~ Pasta toss with shrimp or chicken (a little like this one)
Saturday~ Homemade pizza or burgers on the grill. Depends if hubby feels like grilling!

I also plan to try these beauties sometime this week...they look great!
Share your menu and find inspiration at Laura's!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

You won my back to school giveaway! Please send me an email with your contact information, so I can forward it to my sponsor. Congratulations!
lcmjdkb (at) yahoo (dot) com.

Rachel said...

I love pasta fagioli... we just got a new crockpot, so I'm definitely going to try making that soon! You should check out springpad's weekly meal planner, it's a great way to organize all of your menus and recipes (like this one, yum! http://bit.ly/3D6top) and I think you'd really like it.

rachel @ springpad