When the boys are seriously hungry, quesadillas are my go-to. They are so easy to customize, and what's not to like about a toasted tortilla with cheesy goodness inside??? Our fave kid version is simply cheddar with sour cream and salsa for dipping, but here's a dolled-up grown-up version too!
Black and Blue Quesadillas
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 4 (8-inch) fat-free flour tortillas
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced low-sodium deli roast beef (such as Boar's Head)
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 4 teaspoons balsamic glaze (such as Gia Russa - if you want to get fancy!)
1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion; sauté 3 to 4 minutes or until tender and lightly browned. Remove from heat.
2. Top half of each tortilla evenly with beef, onion, and cheese. Fold tortillas in half.
3. Return pan to heat. Coat pan and both sides of quesadillas evenly with cooking spray. Place 2 quesadillas in pan; cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Repeat procedure with remaining quesadillas. Cut each quesadilla into 4 wedges; drizzle with 1 teaspoon glaze. Courtesy of Cooking Light.