Saturday, January 9, 2010

Eat From the Pantry Challenge


So I'm officially joining the
Eat From the Pantry Challenge for the month of January. I've already planned out the menu for the month, and I've already had to make some adaptations - mostly because I planned for leftovers, and there haven't been any!! It's becoming sort of a game - to see how I can avoid going to the grocery store.

My goals for us are:
  • only eggs, bread & milk from the store
  • using up what we have
So we'll see how it goes. For the first week, we've done well; gone to the store for eggs, bread & milk, and cooked everything else from scratch.

This week, we ate:
  • Homemade French Onion soup on Sunday
  • Crock pot Roast with mashed potatoes and green beans on Monday
  • **planned open-faced roast beef sandwiches for Tuesday, but we did not have any leftover roast! So I pulled a casserole that someone brought us when I had surgery a couple of months ago. Threw that in the oven and we had a salad with it. Success!**
  • Potato Bacon torte and tomato soup on Wednesday
  • Breakfast (eggs, bacon, grits) on Thursday
  • **again, planned for leftovers, but there were none! Ended up with spaghetti & meatballs on Friday**
  • Broccoli, Mushroom & Cheese Strata on Saturday (I had some breakfast sausage that needed to be used, so I sprinkled just a little on top. So yummy!)

No comments: