So I'm officially joining the
Eat From the Pantry Challenge for the month of January. I've already planned out the menu for the month, and I've already had to make some adaptations - mostly because I planned for leftovers, and there haven't been any!! It's becoming sort of a game - to see how I can avoid going to the grocery store.
My goals for us are:
- only eggs, bread & milk from the store
- using up what we have
So we'll see how it goes. For the first week, we've done well; gone to the store for eggs, bread & milk, and cooked everything else from scratch.
This week, we ate:
- Homemade French Onion soup on Sunday
- Crock pot Roast with mashed potatoes and green beans on Monday
- **planned open-faced roast beef sandwiches for Tuesday, but we did not have any leftover roast! So I pulled a casserole that someone brought us when I had surgery a couple of months ago. Threw that in the oven and we had a salad with it. Success!**
- Potato Bacon torte and tomato soup on Wednesday
- Breakfast (eggs, bacon, grits) on Thursday
- **again, planned for leftovers, but there were none! Ended up with spaghetti & meatballs on Friday**
- Broccoli, Mushroom & Cheese Strata on Saturday (I had some breakfast sausage that needed to be used, so I sprinkled just a little on top. So yummy!)