Saturday, January 16, 2010

Menu Monday and Week THREE of the Pantry Challenge!!

So last week, I changed a few things around, but I did not go to the grocery store at ALL (I did go last Saturday for eggs, milk, bread, and Diet Coke - argh!). This week, I have a planned dinner out with co-workers to discuss some work issues, but other than that, we'll be eating at home again - and saving TONS of money!!!

Sunday~ BBQ pork sandwiches, french fries (tenderloin in the freezer - cook in crock pot, shred, then heat through with BBQ sauce. I usually cook it one day, then serve the next)
Monday~ Grilled burgers & dogs (all in the freezer), baked beans, pasta salad
Tuesday~ Lasagna (from the freezer), tossed salad, french bread
Wednesday~Breakfast (we didn't have it last week! Besides, it's such an easy, comforting meal.)
Thursday~ out to eat with colleagues - dh & ds#3 will probably go out also...
Friday~ Beef tips & gravy, egg noodles, green beans, biscuits
Saturday~ invited to eat with friends - will bring bread and dessert
**I may roast a turkey on Saturday also for meals the following week**

8 comments:

Leah said...

Funny:) I have a Turkey that I was thinking about cooking up too, but I am not so sure that I am ready for the 10 days of Turkey afterwards...yet...again...

Keli said...

LOL. Me too. But I still have cooked turkey frozen in the freezer! Your menu sounds great, we had BBQ pork sandwiches last week, fixed like yours, that were wonderful. Have great week!

Mamie said...

I'm roasting a turkey on Monday (school holiday), and will stash ALL the meat in the freezer for meals in weeks to come!

Victoria said...

we're enjoying breakfast this week too

Unknown said...

We are planning on having breakfast for dinner also. We tend to call it "breakner" ;) Sometimes it is just easier and a change of routine to have breakfast in the evening.
Blessings!

Aisling said...

I don't do breakfast for dinner nearly as often as I would like because my kids won't eat eggs, and breakfast for dinner without eggs seems kind of pointless to me.

Jen said...

Looks like a "yummy" week.

Unknown said...

Yummy menu plan. I know your family will enjoy it!

I'm hoping to build up our pantry and freezer when I start getting my paychecks from my new job. It's been rough trying to make ends meet while on unemployment.

Well, I got to get back to watching "Young & the Restless" online.