Friday, January 1, 2010

Frugal Friday

Happy New Year!
Naturally, on the first day of the New Year, my thoughts turn to all the things I want to accomplish this year.

*Plan my menus better and shop more frugally
(I've just discovered a Save-a-Lot grocery store in my city and can't wait to try it. Does anyone have any experiences to share?)

*Reduce or eliminate credit card purchases
(This is not as much an issue for me as it is for hubby. But it's a household goal, so I'll list it.)

*Pay off two credit cards.

I've spent today grading papers for school and taking care of household tasks, along with cooking some really great meals for my guys. I've got French Onion Soup simmering on the stove for another day...and I just pulled a Potato-Bacon Torte out of the oven for later as well. Cooking these time-intensive dishes for another day makes a cold-weather meal even better!


No comments: